Top 5 Health and Fitness Apps for 2015
1. Sleep Cycle alarm Clock – 69p
Description: Waking up made easy – An intelligent alarm clock that analyses your sleep and wakes you in the lightest sleep phase – the natural way to wake up feeling rested and relaxed.
- Waking up made easy! Sleep Cycle analyses your sleep and wakes you in your lightest sleep phase.
- Detailed sleep statistics and sleep graphs for every night.
- 15 carefully selected, high quality, alarm melodies.
- Use iPod music as wake up sound
- Snooze by shaking or tapping the phone lightly.
- Customisable wake up window. From instant (regular alarm clock) up to 90 minutes.
- Background mode – set your alarm and exit Sleep Cycle – sleep analysis will continue in the background
- Sleep aid – helps you fall asleep. The intelligent mode detects when you fall asleep and automatically fades the sleep aid sound.
- Support for the M7 and M8 co-processor – measure your daily physical activity and calculate how it affects your Sleep quality
- Health app – fully integrated with the Health app introduced in iOS8. Submits sleep analysis and heart rate. Downloads other data such as fitness information to be considered in your nightly Sleep Quality
- Adaptive design – ready for all screen sizes
- Heart rate monitor – measure your resting heart rate (RHR) every morning using the camera and flash in your device
- Philips HUE light bulb support – simulate a natural sunrise to give you an even softer wake-up
- Sleep notes – see how events such as drinking coffee, eating too much or having a stressful day affect your sleep quality
- Long term graphs – track sleep quality over time, see which days of the week you sleep best and much more
Export sleep data to Excel for detailed analysis
2. The Wonder Weeks – £1.49
Description: "The Wonder Weeks app can be a lifesaver for parents during those times of wondering what on earth is going on." A calendar explaining the development of your baby, why your baby is fussy, sleeps poor and eats less during set time and how you can help your baby.
The Wonder Weeks worldwide bestselling baby app is now a (native) iOS app! A personalized daily calendar of your baby’s development that will keep you informed about the (mental) leaps and bounds and the fussy phases of your baby — any time of day or night. This baby calendar app won prizes in several countries as BEST PARENTING APP!
Think of it as a portable, at-a-glance version of the calendar leap chart in The Wonder Weeks. Where the book describes in-depth and easy-to-understand terms the incredible developmental changes your baby goes through, the app is the perfect leap calendar companion to track your baby’s mental development (during the first 20 months). By knowing what is going on inside the head of your baby, you can help him to make the leap more easily and stimulate his development.
The Wonder Weeks app helps new parents by:
- Calendar showing when your baby makes a leap in his mental development
- What your baby can understand & learn after this mental leap
- What your baby can do after this leap
- What you can do to help your baby
This app is also a handy reminder for new parents when their baby’s brain is changing, or “leaping,” the baby is making a significant advance in mental development, and with each step forward comes a drastic change in the way your baby sees the world around him. Because these leaps come so quickly, the “new world” and new abilities can sometimes be scary, and the development can initially manifest in poor sleep, bad appetite, crying, clinging and crankiness – exhausting and frustrating mum and dad.
3. Instant Heart Rate – Heart Rate Monitor – £1.49
Description: Just featured in Apple's new TV Ad “Strength” – use your iPhone to find out your heart rate in less than 10 seconds! You DON’T need a dedicated heart rate monitor to get your pulse, download Instant Heart Rate today and use your camera’s flash to see how healthy you are!
1. Place the tip of your index finger on the iPhone’s camera, and in a couple of seconds, your pulse will be shown!
2. Instant Heart Rate detects a color change in your finger tip each time your heart beats and uses an advanced algorithm to show you your heart rate.
3. A real-time chart will show you every heartbeat, similar to pulse oximeters used in hospitals.
- Heart rate measurement
- Heart Rate Activity Zone Calculator
- Pulse waveform graphs
- Real-time photoplethysmogram (PPG) graph
- Continuous or Auto-Stop mode
- Unlimited data storage and tags
- Export data for registered users
- StandUp test for fatigue and fitness testing
- Sharing to Twitter and Facebook
- Apple Health App Support (Instant Heart Rate Settings -> Health App Sharing)
- NOTE: Works best on iPhone 4/4S/5/5S/6 because it has flash. On iPhone 3GS and iPod touch the app has to be used in good lighting.
- NOTE: Make sure that your fingertip completely covers the camera lens. Press gently, since pressing too hard reduces blood flow in your finger and it's harder to get a result. Make sure that your fingers are not cold. This app is for recreational and fitness use only!
4. Fitness Buddy : 1700+ Exercise Workout Journal £1.49
Description: Fitness Buddy: 1700+ Exercise Workout Journal. It works on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and is optimized for iPhone 5. Users can perform workouts every day and see the evolution in real time. The app is using video to lead the iPhone user to exercises.
- Fitness Buddy: 1700+ Exercise Workout Journal can also select workouts by Muscle. The user may only want to increase mass on the Back, Thigh or on the arms. A goal is assigned to each workout.
- HD videos: so that exercises can be completed interactively, Fitness Buddy: 1700+ Exercise Workout Journal is built-in with more than 1, 000 HD videos that guide the user in all steps. Little words of encouragement can be heard therein.
- Photos and animations: since Fitness Buddy: 1700+ Exercise Workout Journal also stacks up over 4, 000 exercises with photos and animations. Let's note here that this application supports Retina Resolution Display to better look at them.
- Miscellaneous: apart from these features above, Fitness Buddy: 1700+ Exercise Workout Journal offers a user-friendly interface enabling a quick and accurate search. It supports Body Metrics Tracking and several materials such as Barbell, Dumbbells and others.
5. 7 Minute Workout Challenge – £1.49
Description: The "7 Minute Workout" is a research-backed workout program that has become an international hit!
Main features: A total of 36 new exercises. The workouts were designed with the help of fitness instructors to ensure it complies with the principles of the 7 minute workout. There are two ways to unlock the workouts: if you workout regularly with the app, the workouts can be unlocked for free. If you want them immediately, we have provided the option to purchase the workouts individually. Try to unlock the workouts for free by simply keeping up with the challenge!
- 4 new achievements can now be unlocked
- Added option to change the rest duration between workout cycles
- AirPlay support for iPhone users is now enabled
- Post your achievements directly to Facebook and Twitter after earning them
- App will continue to play when your device is on lock
- App will alert you when to switch sides for exercises that require you to alternate your body position
- Changed some of the audio cues to make them easier to understand
- Weight tracker and calendar have new improved appearances
- You can set what time the workout alert timer should go off
- Fixed several bugs including those involving achievements (they will be corrected retroactively)
- Fixed some translation errors and added support for Thai, Vietnamese and Russian