Christmas Continuity Plan - Do you have your plan ready?
Many businesses are starting to think about the slow down over the Christmas holiday period, but an unexpected disaster can strike at any time. So how can you protect and recover your business over the festive season?
Here are some basic tips to plan ahead :-
- Communication is vital between you and your key staff members in the event of disruption. Have a list of all staff contact details include, home and mobile phone numbers.
- The weather at this time of year can increase the chance of business disruption. For example, phone lines could go down, pipes could freeze (which could affect your IT cooling systems) and transport could be disrupted. Ensure adequate protection is in place to avoid internal issues and make sure everyone knows what to do when the office cannot be accessed.
- If your office is out of action for some reason make sure you have a note of who has broadband internet. A standard broadband internet connection may be all staff members’ need to log in and work remotely. This method of working remotely should be tested regularly.
- Ensure that the nominated member of staff who keeps the off-site backup does not leave the tape or drive in their car overnight and have restore plans in place for such events.
- It’s also a good idea to work with your IT supplier to get a quote for replacing all your IT equipment – and in particular, a computer or network server with everything you need to restore your data. That way, you’re ready to act quickly in the event that all your systems have been affected by a disaster of some description.
Finally, remember that your business continuity plan is only of use if you can get at it when you need it. Save it in a place that you can access easily.
Yellowspring can provide advice and recommendations on safeguards and procedures that can help minimise potential threats, for more information please contact Maria West on Tel: 01268 494101 or email email@example.com